The Singleton Roosters AFC are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced people to fill the three senior coaching positions: Black Diamond Cup coach, Reserve Grade Coach and Women’s Coach within the Black Diamond Australian Football League (BDAFL). Applicants can be either playing or non-playing personnel.
The Roosters are a progressive and family-friendly club, fielding three teams in the BDAFL and six teams in the Hunter Coast Junior AFL. We strive to develop our junior & existing players, promote the code, provide a safe and enjoyable football experience for all and become a respected and sought after club. From a senior perspective in 2017 we made it to the Grand Final in Black Diamond Plate level in the BDAFL and are looking to strengthen our senior side in 2018 as we enter the revised Black Diamond Cup competition. Building a stronger Reserve Grade side is also seen as a key factor to the club’s future success, not only to provide a ready & capable pool of players to challenge for senior berths, but also as an environment to develop talent & provide a pathway for our junior players to achieve BDAFL success. Our women’s team saw great improvement in 2017 after debuting in the women’s competition the previous year, and we are looking to continue that improvement, promote the code at this level, attract more women to the game & develop a competitive side that is an asset to the women’s league.
Ideally applicants for senior coaching roles should meet the following criteria:
• Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of Australian Rules Football,
• Have a positive outlook, be professional in their approach to the role and have demonstrated leadership skills and a strong ‘lead by example’ approach
• Have a demonstrated ability to engage and relate to all players
• Have a demonstrated ability to identify, relate to and develop young players
• Have an ability to work within a leadership structure.
• Have demonstrated organisational skills
• Be able to practice effective communication skills, providing constructive feedback to individual players and groups of people
• Be well prepared and organised on training nights and game days
• Work well under pressure
• All applicants must be prepared to be good ambassadors for the club and good role models for all players at all times.
Working with our partners in the mining labour hire industry, every effort will be made to assist successful applicants in obtaining employment if relocating to the district. Expressions of interest should be sent to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org , outlining how you meet the selection criteria above and received by October 20th.
For further information please contact Senior Vice President Joel Deacon on 0488 721 985.