Singleton AFC are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced people to fill the Women’s Coach position within the Hunter Coast Australian Football League. Applicants can be either playing or non-playing personnel.
Singleton AFC are a progressive and family-friendly club, last year fielding three senior teams in the BDAFL and six teams in the Hunter Coast Junior AFL. We strive to develop our junior & existing players, promote the code, provide a safe and enjoyable football experience for all and become a respected and sought after club. Our women’s team saw great year-on-year improvement in 2018 after debuting in the women’s competition in 2016, winning 10 games, finishing 6th and playing finals football for the first time. We are looking to continue that improvement, promote the code at this level, attract more women to the game & develop a competitive side that is an asset to the women’s league.
Ideally applicants for senior coaching roles should meet the following criteria:
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of Australian Rules Football,
- Have a positive outlook, be professional in their approach to the role and have demonstrated leadership skills and a strong ‘lead by example’ approach
- Have a demonstrated ability to engage and relate to all players
- Have a demonstrated ability to identify, relate to and develop young players
- Have an ability to work within a leadership structure.
- Have demonstrated organisational skills
- Be able to practice effective communication skills, providing constructive feedback to individual players and groups of people
- Be well prepared and organised on training nights and game days
- Work well under pressure
- All applicants must be prepared to be good ambassadors for the club and good role models for all players at all times.
Expressions of interest should be sent to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining how you meet the selection criteria above. Expressions of interest should be submitted by close of business Friday, 16 November 2018.
For further information please contact Senior Vice President Joel Deacon on 0488 721 985.